*Hello there HIBsters, thank you so much for your cooperation. Much appreciated! ♥
1. Carlo of Kalami Cebu
Location: Bantay Bell Tower, Vigan
2. Jullian of Utterly Random TechieI do the "check pose" because it symbolizes being positive no matter what the odds may be.
Location: Power Mac Center, Mercedes Benz Tower, Cebu Business Park
3. Totem of TotemgineerI like how my sister took this picture of me while fixing my cap which was totally candid and unscripted. It's like capturing me in my natural habitat: fixing my cap to avoid the sun's rays hitting my eyes so I could shoot photos properly.
Location: SM Seaside, Cebu City
4. AJ of Wandering Soul ScamperThose who don't jump will never fly: I like the feeling when I jump up high because it gives me a wider perspective of the view below and for me it's the nearest thing to flying.
Location: Sirao Peak (Mt Kan-irag)
5. Jay & Gee of The Co-SinsJay: I love this picture since it shows a genuine bond between the cousins, showing the same emotions (internalizing), sharing the same interests and making fun moments together.
Gee: I'm very fond of this photo since it has a lot of depth in it and not only this shows the relationship of two cousins, but the memories when shooting this was incredible.
Location: No less than... their house!
6. Chris of Chris Climaco BlogChose this photo wearing denim top & paired it with black jeans. A comfy get up for a comfy day. And oh! ..its my last day of exam so time for i.g. Strike a pose.
Location: SM Seaside, Cebu
7. John of Four Eyed LaaganOpen Hand Gesture is one of my favorite poses. Why? Simply it's like you're telling everyone what the beauty of the place has to offer. I purposely set the focus on my hand instead of the background to have an impression of looking forward to explore and see the stunning view of nature. Besides, it's not too vain to just have your hand in the photo.
Location: Ma. Cristina Falls, Iligan City
8. Jomar of Laagan KoI like underwater shots because they look like I know how to swim even in shallow waters. Hehe
Location: Maravillosa Beach Resort, Tabuelan
9. Kris of Kris WandersI guess I consider side view shots as my signature pose. I like it as I am comfortable when my photos were taken from this angle. Haha! It's like sharing a part of you to be unmasked and keep the other side a mystery.
Location: Terrazas de flores Botanical Garden, Busay
10. Lai of Jaunting & Musing
Location: Mt. Parker, T'boli, South Cotabato
11. Mika of Chasing The DreamerThe look away pose flaunts my jawline and makes my nose a little bit pointed.
Location: Chocolate Hills Adventure Park, Carmen, Bohol
12. Rady of Rady Set GoTraveling solo is hard especially when you want a decent photo of a place, with you in it. I was inspired by Instagram users who've somehow captured the beauty of places without feeling like a personal selfie of some sort. That is what I wanted to do with my shots, to let people see the beauty of the place they're missing out with a slight personal touch.
Location: Kiltepan Peak, Sagada
13. Ram of RamzyrizzleLaid-back. I guess that's really what my poses are.
Location: Karst Mountain Elephant Caves, Puerto Princesa
14. Rome of Basta BisayaI maybe vain a few years back but upon realizing that my poses aren't really exciting, I decided to take less selfies. However, to invite others to try the experiences I had, a more personal approach is needed: that is me included in the frame.
Well, with this, I have been recently checking out how to pose with poise, and so far being seemingly innocent and candid worked for me. It might most probably work on you, too. Here's a fun fact: I tried replicating this pose a few times after I shot this but failed to do so.
Location: A Space, Cebu
15. Kat of Nested ThoughtsI love how I look like I'm naturally walking in this pose. Plus the wind effect on my hair JUST subtly completes everything!
Location: Oakridge Pavilion
How do these signature poses relate to social awareness?
“At first, my presence in my photos was fascinating and disturbing. But as time passed and I was more a part of other ideas in my photos, I was able to add a giggle to those feelings.” – Lee Friedlander
There you have it from the words of the bloggers themselves. Which one is your favorite? The photo or blogger with the most number of mentions will receive a surprise gift! *Wink!