24: Live Another DaySaturday, November 15, 2014
I don't watch a lot of movies or TV shows but when I do, it's because I'm really hooked. I guess you can call me unpredictable. I loved Gossip Girl a lot and it's one of the shows that made me thought about family and relationships all the time.
Recently, I finished watching the last season of the American TV series 24. And believe it or not, it's stuck within and into my system until now. So stuck that I have to blog about it. This is crazy! I think about it a lot. Same with how I felt about Gossip Girl.
I've been watching it since I was in high school. There was a version translated into our language back then and was shown on a local TV channel. That was before the era of torrent and downloads so waiting for the next seasons was pure agony. Thanks to torrent, we were able to download all episodes for the final season.
It was called Live Another Day and was set in London. It was all I wanted, the thrill and the suspense.. it was breathtaking and I couldn't get it off my head. The only thing I didn't like about it is that they cut the usually 24 episodes into 12 episodes - the last episode with events that happened from 10PM-11AM to complete the 24 hours. Very limited. Just like Gossip Girl's last season with 10 episodes only! Why oh why!
I hope you don't mind if I let you in on what's running in my head and please bear with me if I'm talking Martian just in case you don't watch 24 at all and have no idea what it is.
1. I secretly wanted to be a CIA agent. Only that there's no CIA in the Philippines. I want to be like Agent Kate Morgan (Yvonne Strahovski) - very smart and committed to her passion. She knows exactly what she's doing! She's got CONFIDENCE spelled on her forehead!
2. When Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) said, somewhere in your heart you have to accept that and then you can start to forgive yourself, in response to what Kate said about her husband who took his own life.
3. The fact that Chloe O'Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub) is such a smart ass hacker! At least, she helped saved London from drones attack. Seriously, these types of people really exist in real life?
4. I couldn't accept that Audrey Heller (Kim Raver), daughter of the US president, died just because of a second shooter minutes after Kate saved her from a sniper! Aagghh, director's order!
5. That Jack surrendered to the Russians on the last episode in exchange for Chloe's freedom. And Chloe said, you don't have to do this Jack to which Jack replied, you're right.. about being my only best friend, you can go home now Chloe, look after my family when you can.. AND END!!!
Those are just some moments I'm subconsciously reliving in my head. I know, I know! I must be really crazy. But writing about it and being back here to blog is such a breath of fresh air! Gossip Girl had a very happy ending so it didn't kill me inside but THIS!
Ugh, it wasn't really a happy ending and it's probably why it stuck within me until now. And watching it all over again won't exactly help. The people behind this TV series really got what they wanted from me because I felt everything inside. Nuff said.
I'm sure there's something you've watched that got stuck within you too? Right?? Tell me I'm not the only one!
I choose happiness.. and chocolates. Writing is my passion. What's yours? ♥